Thursday, October 16, 2008

HOW TO BLOG

HOW TO BLOG

CONDITIONS FOR CREDIT:

If your teacher is offering credit for this, you need to:

1) Have signed in at the session about which you are writing

2) Have introduced yourself to me (Alfia Wallace) at the session regarding your intention to blog for credit, or, I happen to know/remember who you are

3) Write at least 5 original sentences in a cohesive paragraph about the session or a related, relevant topic. This means no lists of "This is what I learned: 1. Blah blah blah" etc.

YOUR COMMENTS:

After reading a post about a particular Marin Science Seminar Session, click on the comments link below. It will have my name (Alfia Wallace) and then a link that says "0 comments" or "1 comment" or some other number of comments. Click on it. You will be taken to a page where you can enter your comments. It makes sense to write or type your comments in a separate document and then to copy/paste them in the comments box so that you can proof your writing.

WHO ARE YOU?

Below the comments box it will say "Choose an Identity" in orange. The top choice is Google ID which you can log into if you want to use your gmail to post. The third choice down is Name/url. Choose this one to just write your name or pseudonym (url optional). This is probably the best choice for most people. If you choose a pseudonym, you'll need to email me with your pseudonym and real name so that I can let your teacher know what you wrote.

1 comment:

Jessy said...

Hello, my name is Jessy and I attended the Seminar on November 12. I misunderstood the sign-up sheet, I thought it was signing up for the newsletter which I do not wish to recieve. I don't know if you remember me, but I was in a bright blue shirt and gray pants. My mother(the red-head) asked one question. I stayed afterwards and was one of the last to leave. I have Ms. Fix for a teacher and please do not email my gmail for I do not check it. Please email me at JessyNOSPAM@lvha.net. Remove NOSPAM, I can answer further questions to prove I attended there. Thankyou for your time and effort going into these presentations.

Five Health Challenges that Were Deadly Before Antibiotics

Nola Palestrant, Tamalpais High School      In 1928, Sir Alexander Fleming accidentally discovered humanity’s first antibiotic, Penicillin, ...

About Us

Marin Science Seminar is a one-hour science lecture/presentation with a question and answer period open to all interested local teenagers, educators and community. Seminar sessions are held 12 Wednesday evenings during the school year, from 7:30 to 8:30 pm in the Innovation Hub at Terra Linda High School, 320 Nova Albion Way, San Rafael. Seminar speakers are scientists, mathematicians, engineers, physicians, technologists and computer programmers. The topics presented are in a specific area of the speaker’s expertise, geared to interested high school students.